Mental health disorders are complex concerns that affect millions of people in the United States and around the world. Choosing to seek professional treatment for a mental health disorder is a courageous decision that can help you make sustained progress toward improved quality of life.
Sierra at Southlake provides comprehensive outpatient treatment for adults age 18 and older who have been struggling with a wide range of mental health concerns.
Learn About Treatment for Mental Health Disorders
Untreated mental health disorders can have a negative impact on virtually all aspects of a person’s life. Although most mental health disorders are treatable conditions, studies indicate that the majority of those who can benefit from mental health treatment don’t receive the care they need.
When a person gets help at a quality mental health disorder treatment center such as Sierra at Southlake, they can receive comprehensive, personalized care provided by a team of dedicated professionals.
For people who do not require round-the-clock care, an outpatient mental health treatment center may be an optimal choice.
Finding the right place for mental health disorder treatment can put a person on the path to a much healthier and more hopeful future.
The Benefits of Mental Health Disorder Treatment
When you receive proper care at a mental health disorder treatment center like Sierra at Southlake, you can address the concerns that have been preventing you from living a more satisfying life.
During mental health treatment sessions, you can gain valuable information about the disorder you have developed. You can also begin to acquire the skills that will help you gain greater control of your thoughts, emotions and behaviors.
Working alongside others who have faced similar challenges, you can practice conflict resolution strategies, improve your communication capabilities and discover the power of shared support. Every step of the way, you will benefit from the guidance of a team of experienced mental health treatment professionals.
Therapies Used to Treat Mental Health Disorders
The Sierra at Southlake team understands that each person who seeks mental health treatment has unique needs and goals, and we are committed to providing the personalized care that will help every client achieve improved health.
Depending on a variety of factors, your customized mental health treatment plan at our center may include:
- Medication management services
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy sessions
- Family therapy sessions
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Motivational interviewing
- Trauma-focused interventions
The professionals who provide your care at our outpatient mental health treatment center will explain the features and benefits of each element of your plan, and they will answer all your questions to ensure that you receive maximum benefit from these services.
How to Select the Right Treatment Center for Mental Health Disorders
When you’re trying to select the right place for mental health treatment, it’s important to find the provider whose services and approach to care best match your needs, preferences and expectations.
The scope and focus of programming at outpatient mental health treatment places can vary considerably from facility to facility. Getting answers to the following questions can help you determine if the outpatient mental health treatment center you are considering is the best place for you:
- Do you offer multiple levels of outpatient treatment for mental health disorders?
- How will you determine what type and level of care is best for me?
- What are the qualifications of the people who provide care at your mental health disorder treatment center?
- What types of evidence-based mental health treatment services do you provide?
- How long will I need to receive care at your mental health treatment center?
The representatives of any reputable mental health treatment center should have no hesitation about answering these and any other questions you may have.
When you contact Sierra at Southlake, a member of our team will be happy to provide you with whatever information you need to make the best decision about mental health treatment.
Why Choose Our Mental Health Disorder Treatment Center?
The many reasons our outpatient mental health treatment center may be the best choice for you include:
- Safe and welcoming environment: When you enter our outpatient mental health treatment center, you will be in a safe place among people who care about your well-being and are committed to treating you with dignity and respect.
- Research-supported care: Our mental health treatment center offers evidence-based services that have a documented history of helping adults achieve improved health. Here, you will follow a customized plan that will prepare you for long-term success.
- Multiple levels of care: Many places for outpatient mental health treatment only offer one programming option. At Sierra at Southlake, you can receive care through our partial hospitalization program (PHP) or our intensive outpatient program (IOP).
- Dedicated treatment professionals: At both the PHP and IOP levels, you will have the opportunity to work in close collaboration with a team of compassionate mental health treatment experts.
- Comprehensive support: Our treatment professionals and the other clients at our mental health treatment center can be vital sources of support as you begin your journey to a healthier future.
The Impact of Untreated Mental Health Disorders
Failing to receive the mental health disorder treatment you need can have a profound negative impact on your life.
Untreated mental health disorders can disrupt your ability to find and keep a job, maintain healthy relationships, establish financial independence and otherwise fully engage in a healthy, productive and satisfying lifestyle.
Also, when you don’t get proper care at an effective mental health treatment center, you may continue to struggle with feelings of shame, guilt and isolation. These negative emotions can exacerbate your distress and further complicate your efforts to find help.
Thankfully, when you do find the right mental health treatment center, your life can get much better. When you’re ready to find the path to the healthier future you deserve, Sierra at Southlake is here for you.